Wednesday, November 24, 2010

MeeGo on Lenovo Ideapad S10-3t

I was one of the lucky people that received Lenovo Ideapad S10-3t in MeeGo Conference 2010 at Dublin. Of course I'm using MeeGo on that and now I have been playing with it a while.

Unfortunately I needed to reinstall the MeeGo 1.1 and I used the image available at http://meego.com/downloads/releases/1.1/meego-v1.1-netbooks

After some time and multiple reboots the WLAN and Bluetooth stopped working. Little googling revealed that there's something wrong with BIOS/settings. This helped a lot: http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=2011

So just go to BIOS (F2 at boot), reset factory default and save.


Thought that this could be nice machine to take with me when traveling. So In order to use it more productive way I installed LibreOffice.

Actually I downloaded the GNU/Linux 32 bit tar.gz and found RPM:s under that. I was a bit adventurous and created a repository for them.
So did:
tar xzvf LibO_3.3.0_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US.tar.gz
sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/repos/libreoffice
sudo cp -r LibO_3.3.0beta3_20101115_Linux_x86_install-rpm_en-US/RPMS/* /usr/local/repos/libreoffice
cd /usr/local/repos/libreoffice
sudo zypper install createrepo
sudo createrepo .

After that set up zypper repository for that. Created file /etc/zypp/repos.d/libreoffice.repo:
[libreoffice]
name=libreoffice
enabled=1
autorefresh=0
baseurl=file:///usr/local/repos/libreoffice
type=rpm-md
gpgcheck=0

After that just:
sudo zypper refresh
sudo zypper install libreoffice3-* libreoffice3.3-freedesktop-menus

So this far it has been quite nice to play around with this Ideapad and MeeGo. Another idea was to have the whole rootfs encrypted to protect my data in case I lost the machine. I actually accomplished that and will post scripts and instructions soon!

1 comment:

Jose said...

Hello Jouni,

I followed your steps for installing the libreoffice in Meego

i got this error


[jose@jose-desktop repos.d]$ libreoffice
/usr/bin/libreoffice: line 2: /opt/libreoffice/program/soffice: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/libreoffice: line 2: exec: /opt/libreoffice/program/soffice: cannot execute: No such file or directory

Also i wonder if the command zypper
as apt-get in debian based linux?

zypper refresh = apt-get update
zypper install = apt-get install