Thursday, July 12, 2007

OpenMoko finally here

So they really got first developer versions of OpenMoko device Neo1973 for sale. I'm about to purchase one of these very soon.

After reading specs and documentation I found this device even more better. The developer version of Neo1973 will include:
  • Neo1973 (GTA01B_v4)
  • Battery
  • Stylus
  • Headset
  • AC Charger
  • Phone Pouch
  • Lanyard
  • SanDisk 512MB MicroSD Card
  • Mini USB Connectivity Cable
There's also available advanced package but I'm not currently intrested about it. But the final (sales) version of Neo1973 sounds even more better, it'll will have WiFi, Graphics accelerator and 2 accelometers. I think I must buy it as well when it will be available.

While waiting for the device I've been playing with OpenMoko system in QEMU. It seems quite slowish but can't yet say anything about the speed on the device. Here's a little video capture (sorry about the wrong aspect ratio):



So now waiting for getting the device on my hands to be able to tell more about it...


P.S. Nokia N800 got updated software and is running now Skype. Works fine but unfortunately it's closed software. However nice move...

No comments: